How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Manhattan smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your security system as it connects your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a single unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface puts you in total charge of your Manhattan home’s automation and security. See what it can do and check out recommendations to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Manhattan do for you?
Connecting wirelessly to devices through radio wave transmissions and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When incorporating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub features cellular functionality and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also provides total remote operation with the Vivint mobile app.
Here are some of the functions you can execute:
- Review current or recorded video from any integrated security cameras
- Arm or disarm your system
- Switch lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Manhattan by implementing schedules or creating preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll want to know how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in the home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away means you will be gone, and all sensors in the home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and input your PIN.
The home screen will display a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For instance, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm the system by using the instructions above. You will then confirm you would like to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Manhattan
Despite the fact that multiple users can be set up during the initial installation, you may want to add or remove a user down the road. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and tap the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, select phone or email and enter the information to deliver an invitation.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, press users, select the user you want to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take control of your home’s automation and security with an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Manhattan home security system. Contact (332) 208-9869 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.