Daily home deliveries have become standard for numerous residents due to the shift to online shopping. You enjoy the convenience of having packages delivered right at your main entry, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in the open are temptations to potential crooks. Porch piracy has become a real issue, but you have the chance to do something about it by getting a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These surveillance instruments are fantastic tools to combat package theft, but they provide so much more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why they’ll likely come to be a crucial aspect of your smart home.
Advantages of a Manhattan video doorbell
Manufactured in wireless and wired options, video doorbells offer an array of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to improve. You are now able to set up detection zones, communicate with individuals in front of your door, and receive instant updates whenever an item is delivered.
The easiest way to see how a Manhattan video doorbell camera works is to explore the various advantages it gives you. Take a look at the following features:
- Active crime deterrents: You aren’t able to find this on each model, but there are some smart video doorbells that take an active role in deterring crime with alerts that can be seen and heard. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- 180-degree x 180-degree camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that should include the faces of individuals at your door and packages on the surface below. Cameras with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- High-resolution footage any time of day: If you don’t have images that are easy to see, what’s the use of getting a doorbell camera? The best models will give you incredible night vision and high dynamic range (HDR) resolution.
- Delivery alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package is delivered? You are able to get immediate notifications from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between individuals and deliveries.
- Talk to the visitor at your door: Is someone standing at your door? Two-way audio allows you to inquire about what they want. You might even take advantage of this handy feature to scare off people loitering around your walkway.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the area to be viewed will let you minimize false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Easy access to video: A video doorbell configured into your smart home provides you the option to view current and recorded video right from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you are able to engage with them right from your phone, no matter your location. They’ll notify you when a visitor arrives, show you what’s happening, and even allow you to talk with the person at your door. These components have become difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.